Ezekiel 30:17 RSV “The young men of On and of Pibe’seth shall fall by the sword; and the women shall go into captivity. “
Genesis 41: 45-46 RSV “45 And Pharaoh called Joseph’s name Zaph’enath-pane’ah; and he gave him in marriage As’enath, the daughter of Poti’phera priest of On. So Joseph went out over the land of Egypt. 46 Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went through all the land of Egypt. “
Genesis 46:20 RSV “And to Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manas’seh and E’phraim, whom As’enath, the daughter of Poti’phera the priest of On, bore to him.”
“Most bibles which have footnotes will tell you that the City of “On/Onu” was Heliopolis. A center, not political center 1539 bce to 1075 bce. There was even a temple built there for the worship of their Sun-God Re (Ra).
Encyclopaedia Brittanica: https://www.britannica.com/place/Heliopolis-ancient-city-Egypt
This is a very good article that brings a lot of points together, and I think, you know maybe this article already. Quote from the Article:
- Egyptians viewed the other god, Ra, as the primary sun god and at times even considered the physical sun to be the eye of Ra.
- The Hellenized version of Egyptian religion shared Plato’s sense of the sun as a god that is a lower manifestation of a higher principle.
- Much like the physical remains of Heliopolis, its ideological influence has passed beyond the borders of Egypt and lingers on today. Modern obelisks such as the Washington Monument can be seen in cities all over the world or adorning graveyards and religious buildings (Russell’s Tumb) as symbols of eternity and resurrection, much as the Egyptians viewed them.
- By the time of the prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel, it was clear that the idolatry at On had no future. Jeremiah wrote that God would kindle a fire “in the houses of the gods of Egypt” and, by the hand of the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar, would “break the sacred pillars of Beth Shemesh that are in the land of Egypt; and the houses of the gods of the Egyptians he shall burn with fire” (Jeremiah 43:12–13). The Hebrew term for Heliopolis here, Beth Shemesh, is literally the “house of the sun.”Jeremiah’s contemporary, Ezekiel, appeared to reinforce the future demise of Heliopolis and its idolatry: “the young men of Aven” would “fall by the sword” (Ezekiel 30:17). Commentators suggest that Ezekiel makes a play on the Hebrew word for Heliopolis at the time of Joseph, the city of On. The Hebrew word aven or awen means “evil” or “iniquity” and is spelled similarly to the Hebrew for On (awn), so the reference perhaps implies “temple of evil” or “temple of iniquity.”History shows that the city of On was indeed razed by Nebuchadnezzar, who attacked Egypt in 568 BCE.
- only to name a few from: https://www.vision.org/history-of-ancient-egyptian-city-of-heliopolis-influence-on-modern-culture-41
I also Found this old book from the year 1696 written by an Order Sister “Sor Maria de Jesus”, she seems to have had visions of the Gospels, which she wrote down, her book seems to be also a commentary of the gospels, where she names the City of Heliopolis where Jesus, Maria and Joseph should have been there too back then in the past, and Jesus made some miracles there. this makes me think about Denise Murdock’s book on the subject of Heliopolis; Quote “On/Heliopolis
In addition, it is significant that the Septuagint of Exodus 1:11 includes another city, “On, which is Heliopolis.” This fact of an additional location also indicates the fictional nature of the tale, changed over the centuries in order to suit the needs of the writers and their sponsors. Literalists may argue,
nonetheless, that the LXX translators were “correcting” God’s inerrant Word by adding the name On, the city of the sun god, or that they were simply wrong and not inspired by the Holy Spirit.
It is possible nonetheless that the Septuagint translators wanted Israel to take credit for what ranked as a very popular tourist and pilgrim spot at the time of the translation”Sor Maria de Jesus mentions Jesus , Maria and Joseph as pilgrims of tourists to Heliopolis.
City of Ra (remember Jordan Maxwell’s explanation to the name Israel)
What was Jesus fathers name? Joseph
Heliopolis was also called the Pillar city, Pillar of Cloud/Fire
Search for “Pillar” in the WT library, there you have Pillars for Baal, Jehovah came down in the pillar of cloud, Joseph made a pillar for Rachel’s burial,
“In that day there will prove to be an altar to Jehovah in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to Jehovah beside its boundary.” (Isaiah 19:19)etc……
The pillars had a pyramid at the top, Jehovah’s Eye in It up in the Sky (Dollar, Pillars in the Masonic Kingdom Halls)
Look into the Sun or the light of a Lamp, when you do so you will pinch your eyes, then you will see a Cross comming out of the light. “Crux” Pagan Symbol of the egyptians? (or very much older like the sumerians)
Osiris died, and his dead is conected with the eucaristy, (break the Bread and drink Wine on a certain full moon day, because the moon represented Osiris Soul, so by doing this he will, or came/would have come to live again…… sounds Familiar? )
Some of the articles I found relate/connect Mythology with Philosophy, “to be”, “being”, come “into be”. Here I have to think about Jan Assmann’s Book “The Invention of Religion”, probably you know the book already, this is a German Egyptologyst, the book was previously released in German under the translated Title “Exodus: The revolution of the old world”. in the Book in Chaper five under the titel “I Am That I Am”, Assmann explains something I never thought about: God never reveals his Name! Assmann indicates that the Tetragramathon could mean a lot of things according to the Gramar of the language. YHWH indicates a state of being for whenever the one who calls himself YHWH wants to be whatever he wants to be, it reveals nothing. Masonic Philosophy???
Who is the most elevated being in the Masonic Culture? Jehova. His Eye Sees all from a Triangle, a Pyramid.
Denise Murdock’s book about Sun worship also mentions Heliopolis
If all this is true, then there is no “Israel”, and by extension no “SPIRITUAL ISRAEL”IT MIGHT BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISUNDERSTANDING IN THE HISTORY OF RELIGION.
If Everything starts with Abraham and his seed Josef (Or Joseph), latest worshiping someone else than Jehova in Genesis 41:51–52, then Jehovah’s witnesses have been serving the wrong One all the way along.
Link to book The Invention of Religion, Faith….by Jan Assman